Xorte logo

News Markets Groups

USA | Europe | Asia | World| Stocks | Commodities



Add a new RSS channel

 
 


Keywords

2025-02-04 20:29:48| Engadget

Netflix has been revamping its games division in recent months, including making adjustments to the library of titles that it offers subscribers at no extra cost. The company has canceled release plans for six games that were previously bound for iOS and Android through its platform. As first reported by What's On Netflix, the company will no longer bring Thirsty Suitors, Compass Point: West and Tales of the Shire: A Lord of the Rings Game to its library. Nor will it offer three titles from Klei Entertainment: Don't Starve Together, Lab Rat and Rotwood. A Netflix spokesperson confirmed the decision to Engadget, noting that nixing the planned additions was "just a natural part of adjusting our portfolio as we learn more about what our members like." Tales of the Shire, a cozy life sim game featuring hobbits, is still coming to Steam, Nintendo Switch, PS5 and Xbox Series X/S next month. Action RPG Thirsty Suitors received positive reviews when it debuted on PC and consoles in 2023. As for Don't Starve Together, that was a co-op expansion to Don't Starve, a hit survival game from 2013. Netflix has been retooling its games division after bringing in a new leader for the department last summer. It has removed several games from its library and it emerged in October that it had shut its AAA studio, which was dubbed Team Blue. Meanwhile, Leanne Loombe an executive who helped bring the likes of Hades and Grand Theft Auto to Netflix's library while leading second- and third-party development and publishing efforts recently became the head of games at Annapurna Interactive following an exodus there.  Meanwhile, Netflix aims to add more high-profile mainstream games to its catalog the WWE 2K series is on the way later this year. Other areas of focus include its well-known franchises, narrative-driven games, party and couch co-op titles and games for kids, per a recent earnings call.This article originally appeared on Engadget at https://www.engadget.com/gaming/netflix-scuttles-plans-to-add-six-previously-announced-games-to-its-service-192946233.html?src=rss


Category: Marketing and Advertising

 

Latest from this category

20.02Zillow brings its house-hunting experience to World of Warcraft
20.02Apple inks deal for IMAX screenings of live Formula 1 races
20.02Meta's metaverse is going mobile-first
19.02Slay the Spire 2 will enter early access on March 5
19.02Sony is shutting down the studio behind the Demon's Souls remake
19.02Meta is shuttering Messengers standalone website, which is a thing that exists
19.02Here are my favorite things from Toy Fair 2026
19.02Ring could be planning to expand Search Party feature beyond dogs
Marketing and Advertising »

All news

20.02Friday Watch
20.02Markets likely to look past geopolitics as oil risks remain contained, says Andrew Freris
20.02Omnitech Engineering to float Rs 583 cr IPO on Feb 25
20.02Brokerage that nailed gold, silver bull run targets fresh record highs
20.02US and Indonesia finalise deal to cut tariffs to 19%
20.02Zillow brings its house-hunting experience to World of Warcraft
20.02Nasa boss says Boeing Starliner failure one of worst in its history
20.02Live Nation sees strong ticket sales as monopoly lawsuit looms
More »
Privacy policy . Copyright . Contact form .