Xorte logo

News Markets Groups

USA | Europe | Asia | World| Stocks | Commodities



Add a new RSS channel


Keywords

Investing


Friday Watch

2026-02-20 06:52:32| Between the Hedges



Category: Investing
 

Stocks Lower into Final Hour on Escalating US/Iran War Fears, Earnings Outlook Jitters, Technical Selling, Financial/Airline Sector Weakness

2026-02-19 22:52:32| Between the Hedges



Category: Investing
 

Bear Radar

2026-02-19 22:52:32| Between the Hedges



Category: Investing
 

Marketing and Advertising


Ubisoft lays off 40 staff working on Splinter Cell remake, says game remains in development

2026-02-20 16:11:40| Engadget

It has already been a depressingly busy year for layoffs at Ubisoft, and the French publishers Toronto studio is the latest workforce to be hit. Around 40 jobs have been cut at the studio, which is one of Ubisofts largest and has previously worked on games including Watch Dogs: Legion and Far Cry 6. "This decision was not taken lightly and does not in any way reflect the talent, dedication, or contributions of the individuals affected," Ubisoft said in a statement to Mobile Syrup, which first reported the new layoffs. "Our priority now is to support them through this transition with comprehensive severance packages and robust career placement assistance." Ubisoft Toronto is currently working on the long-awaited Splinter Cell remake, which was first announced in 2021. The publisher says the game remains in development, and the Canadian studio will continue to assist with development on other games. The Toronto layoffs come after similar staff cuts at its Swedish studios, while up to 200 people could reportedly be let go at its Paris headquarters. The affected roles are casualties of a wider organizational restructuring at the troubled company, which recently canceled another high-profile remake in The Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time. Last week, 1,200 Ubisoft employees went on strike in reaction to the recent layoffs and sweeping cost-cutting measures.This article originally appeared on Engadget at https://www.engadget.com/gaming/ubisoft-lays-off-40-staff-working-on-splinter-cell-remake-says-game-remains-in-development-151139753.html?src=rss



Category: Marketing and Advertising
 

Engadget Podcast: Instagram on trial and the RAMaggedon rages on

2026-02-20 14:15:26| Engadget

This week, Meta CEO Mark Zuckerberg testified in a landmark social media trial, claiming the company only wanted to make Instagram "useful" and not addictive. In this episode, we chat about Zuck's testimony and the potential implications of this trial for social media companies. Also, we dive into the latest effects of the RAMaggedon RAM shortage, including a potential PlayStation 6 delay and a dire future for practically every consumer electronics company.Subscribe!iTunesSpotifyPocket CastsStitcherGoogle PodcastsTopicsMark Zuckerberg testifies that Instagram was meant to be useful, not addictive in social media addiction trial 1:27Meta reportedly plans to launch a smartwatch later this year 13:23The RAMageddon will likely kill some small consumer electronics companies 15:54Apple could unveil a MacBook, new M5 Pro chip, and iPhone 17e at March 4th event 26:26Googles Pixel 10a arrives on March 5 32:17Email leaked to 404 media suggests Ring had plans to use its Search Party function for wider surveillance 34:48Listener mail 45:14Working on 48:40Pop culture picks 49:04 CreditsHost: Devindra HardawarProducer: Ben EllmanMusic: Dale North and Terrence OBrienThis article originally appeared on Engadget at https://www.engadget.com/ai/engadget-podcast-instagram-on-trial-and-the-ramaggedon-rages-on-131526178.html?src=rss



Category: Marketing and Advertising
 

US website 'freedom.gov' will allow Europeans to view hate speech and other blocked content

2026-02-20 14:00:00| Engadget

The US State Department is building a web portal, where Europeans and anyone else can see online content banned by their governments, according to Reuters. It was supposed to be launched at Munich Security Conference last month, but some state department officials reportedly voiced their concerns about the project. The portal will be hosted on freedom.gov, which currently just shows the image above. Freedom is Coming, the homepage reads. Information is power. Reclaim your human right to free expression. Get Ready.Reuters says officials discussed making a virtual private network function available on the portal and making visitors traffic appear as if they were from the US, so they could see anything unavailable to them. While its a state department project, The Guardian has traced the domain to the Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA), which is a component of the US Department of Homeland Security. Homeland also serves as the administrator for the Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE). The project could drive the wedge further between the US and its European allies. European authorities dont usually order broad censorships preventing their citizens from being able to access large parts of the internet. Typically, they only order the blocking of hate speech, terrorist propaganda, disinformation and anything illegal under the EUs Digital Services Act or the UKs Online Safety Act. If the Trump administration is alleging that theyre gonna be bypassing content bans, what theyre gonna be helping users access in Europe is essentially hate speech, pornography, and child sexual abuse material, Nina Jankowicz, who served as the executive director of Homeland Securitys Disinformation Governance Board, told The Guardian. The board was very short-lived and was disbanded a few months after it was formed, following complaints by Republican lawmakers that it would impinge on peoples rights to free speech. When asked about the project, the state department said it didnt have a program specifically meant to circumvent censorship in Europe. But the spokesperson said: Digital freedom is a priority for the State Department, however, and that includes the proliferation of privacy and censorship-circumvention technologies like VPNs."This article originally appeared on Engadget at https://www.engadget.com/big-tech/us-website-freedomgov-will-allow-europeans-to-view-hate-speech-and-other-blocked-content-130000014.html?src=rss



Category: Marketing and Advertising
 
Privacy policy . Copyright . Contact form .